Jacques’ Dog Blog was graciously nominated for this award by our new friend, Kona (a.k.a. Mr. Baloney Head) This is our first award! We are so excited!! Thank you, Kona, you handsome devil, you! (Seriously, you should check out his blog – he is so cute!)
Mr. Baloney Head asked us to answer these 11 questions he pawed, er, penned himself. I will be answering for Jacques since he is a terrible typist.
1. Why do you blog?
Jacques is a clown. He likes to make people laugh, so I thought I would share the laughter by blogging about his (mis)adventures.
2. What is your favorite type of animal in the world, real or mythical?
Jacques likes squeaky toy animals. I would say those are his favorites.
3. What is your least favorite type of animal?
There’s a squirrel, some bunnies, and a road runner that live around our house. I don’t think Jacques particularly cares for them. At least he doesn’t act like it.
4. What do you do for fun?
Sleep. Eat. Run. Sleep. Play. Eat. Jacques lives for fun… except when he’s sleeping.
5. What is your favorite weather, and why?
Jacques loves sunny, mild weather. Though really, as long as it’s sunny and not too cold, he loves it. He likes to go outside and “recharge his batteries” in the sunlight.
6. How would you describe your personality?
Jacques is a highly strung, tightly wound, stubborn, unable to focus (or learn) snuggle bug of a clown. He’s perfect!
7. If you could change one thing about your humans (or your pet if you are a human answering this) what would that be?
Jacques wants me to take him on walks more often – it doesn’t matter if he’s already gone on several that day… he wants to go on another one.
8. What is your most prized possession?
While I would like to think it’s his family, I’m realistic. It’s his Lambchop squeaky toy. Hands down. He’s been through five of them.
Notice the TWO Lambchops on the bed…
9. Where is your favorite place to visit?
It would be easier to pick places he DIDN’T want/like to go. (The local splash pad. He does not care for that place.) Jacques LOVES to get out and go!
10. What is your most delicious food to eat?
Fromage, er, cheese!!! He loves cheese!! Carrots are a close second.
11. What makes you smile (or wag)?
Jacques is a very happy guy. He wags his tail at just about anything. The wag that I love to see most though is when his Daddy gets home from work. If Jacques’ tail went any faster, it might just fly right off!! Jacques’ tail will wag super-fast and he will tap-a-tap-tap his feet on the tile floor dancing around his Daddy’s feet before jumping up and down and saying hi. Jacques will follow my husband around the house doing this until my husband stops what he’s doing and pets Jacques (which inevitably turns into a rasslin’ match). It’s really sweet.
11 Random Facts About Jacques
1. Jacques is scared of bubbles. And many other things (though don’t tell him I said that – he’s got a delicate ego).
2. He will run through the house and then hop in the bathtub when it’s bath time.
3. He is a creeper. My husband and I often feel like we’re being watched and will look around only to see Jacques in the doorway staring at us.
4. Jacques is not a morning dog. DO NOT mess with him before 9 a.m. and/or before he’s had some snuggle time.
This sums him up… (not my image)
5. He grunts and grumbles. A LOT. He sounds like an old curmudgeon sulking through the house.
6. Jacques isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. I love him, but he’s not one for learning. I think he’s hoping he’ll get by on cuteness.
7. He is an absolute bed hog – specifically, he hogs my side of the bed and all of his Auntie G’s bed when she visits.
8. Jacques always has to have the last word. When he gets called in for the evening, he’ll look over his shoulder and give the coyotes/bunnies/raccoons/whatever a piece of his mind before coming inside.
9. He absolutely LOVES getting his head and ears rubbed/scratched.
10. He has a hilarious swagger when he walks that has been the subject of several comments by the neighbors. (In fact one day while we were out walking, a neighbor stopped us as he was driving by to tell us how funny Jacques’ swagger was.)
11. My mother-in-law inadvertently turned Jacques into a lap dog by letting him sit in her lap one weekend. Since then, anytime I sit down, Jacques magically appears, wanting the okay to jump up (it’s scary how fast this happens!). If he’s told no, he will walk away grumbling then throw himself down with a loud “harrumph!” If he’s told yes, he will jump up, make himself comfortable, and promptly fall asleep.
Now for My Nominees!
I’m still a relative newbie but am trying really hard. I’ve come across a number of very interesting and wonderful bloggers… Here are just a few (in no particular order):
The Scottie Chronicles is a wonderful and witty blog featuring Stuart the Scottie.
Within the K Streets is an entertaining blog that offers laughs, food for thought, and often beautiful pictures of places around Oahu.
Rubber Slippers in Italy is a unique and interesting blog about the life and culinary times of a woman who moved from Hawai’i to Italy.
My Questions for the Nominees
1. Which do you like better and why – daytime or nighttime?
2. Do you like taking naps?
3. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (Just out of curiosity…)
4. What’s your favorite pastime?
5. How would you describe your personality?
6. What do like most about blogging?
7. What do you like least about blogging?
8. If you could have one celebrity/ well known person read your blog, who would it be?
9. What is your favorite thing to eat?
10. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
11. If you could wish for three things, what would they be?
Should the nominees accept this award, here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4. Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
5. List 11 random facts about yourself.
6. Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8. Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.